« Consumer (Sidekick)
« Volunteer Opportunities
The Rhone Rangers is a non-profit, 501 (c) (6), educational, organization dedicated to advancing the the knowledge and understanding of traditional Rhone grape varieties grown in America and the wines produced from those grapes.
For a wine to qualify as a “Rhone Ranger” wine or Rhone Blend, it should contain at least 75% of the twenty-one traditional Rhone grape varieties as approved in the Cotes-du-Rhone. As of April 2002, Petite Sirah (Durif) also qualifies as an approved Rhone Ranger varietal. This designation reflects an understanding within the organization, and does not appear on the label; label content must be in compliance with the rules of the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB).
Winery membership dues are $750 per calendar year and included in your paid membership is the chance to participate in one Rhone Ranger marketing event, Los Angeles March 25, 2017 or at the Golden Gate Club in San Francisco June 9-10, 2017. You are able to participate in both marketing events for an additional event fee of $425.
As an active winery member, you received the following benefits:
- Voting privileges to your organization and the opportunity to get involved by attending annual meetings of the organization.
- Opportunity to participate in the annual San Francisco tasting event, as well as other public tastings and events supported by Rhone Rangers.
- Opportunity to participate in Rhone Rangers strategic partnerships, press opportunities and other value-added opportunities.
- Rhone Rangers will create a tool kit of unique Rhone focused content each quarter in 2017. Members may use this content and adapt it for their own brand use.
- Winery name and information listed on the Rhone Ranger web site with a link to your site, if applicable.
If interested in joining The Rhone Rangers in their mission, please complete the following application and submit with your credit card payment or print it and return along with your check in the amount of $750, payable to The Rhone Rangers. Please renew your membership by November 1 and pay only $700, a $50 savings.
Click here for application!