« Los Angeles Tasting Events 2013
« Member Winery Events
« Regional Chapter Events
« SAN FRANCISCO 2013 - A WEEKEND CELEBRATION OF AMERICAN RHONES
THANK YOU TO OUR 2013 EVENT SPONSORS. WE COULDN'T DO THIS WITHOUT YOU!
THE RHONE RANGERS ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH
Cardoza-Bungey Travel was selected by the Rhone Rangers to manage travel arrangements for our events in the US and to create exclusive winemaker-led travel experiences for our auction fundraising efforts.
Preferred hotel rates, special weekend stay packages, and airline tickets can be purchased by contacting Lisa Baserga, ph: 650 473-8507 or email her at email@example.com. Preferred hotel rates for the weekend of March 22-24, 2013:
- HOTEL DIVA, $169/NT + tax (includes WiFi, sake hour, tea/coffee lounge, fitness center).
- TAJ CAMPTON PLACE, $299/NT + tax (includes confirmed upgrade to deluxe, $100 F&B credit, $25/person breakfast credit).
For more information about our partnership with Cardoza-Bungey Travel, click here.
SAN FRANCISCO 2013 - A WEEKEND CELEBRATION OF AMERICAN RHONES
16th Annual Rhone Rangers Weekend Celebration of American Rhones
San Francisco, CA
March 22-23, 2013
In March, fans of American Rhone wines will gather for the country's largest Rhone wine event at the Fort Mason Center in the heart of San Francisco's beautiful Marina district.
Over 2,000 consumers and members of the trade are expected to attend for the opportunity to taste over 500 of the best American Rhone wines from more than 100 Rhone Rangers member wineries. FOR A LIST OF PARTICIPATING WINERIES CLICK HERE. The schedule will include:
Friday, March 22nd - WINEMAKER DINNER
Sixteen-Winery Winemaker Dinner & Live Auction 6pm-9pm: We welcome back The Girl and The Fig, the beloved Sonoma restaurant whose "Rhone Alone" wine list and outstanding food have made it an institution, as the chef for our winemaker dinner. We'll host it again at the elegant General's Residence at Fort Mason.
Participating wineries include: Anaba Wines, Baiocchi Wines & Vineyards, Bonny Doon Vineyard, Davis Family Vineyards, Folin Cellars, JC Cellars, Kenneth Volk Vineyards, kukkula, Margerum Wine Company, Mounts Family Winery, Petrichor Vineyards, Ridge Vineyards, Tablas Creek Vineyard, Terre Rouge, Two Shepherds and Villa Creek Cellars.
Each winemaker will host a table and provide the wines to pair with dinner, as well as one-of-a-kind auction lots that include winery stays and educational opportunities, large-format bottles, wine country trips and other unique lots. TICKETS are $150 a la carte or available as a part of the WEEKEND PASS ($275). For a sneak preview of the auction lots, and to organize your bidding strategy with friends and family who may want to join in with you on bidding, click here.
MENU: passed appetizers during the wine reception, followed by a salad of roasted local mushrooms, mixed chicories, bacon lardons, torn croutons and roasted garlic-shallot vinaigrette, pan fried ricotta gnocchi with black truffle, butternut squash and pepita pesto, duck confit with farro, braised cabbage & dried pears, watercress & cardamom jus, and a chocolate napoleon with graham cracker crust, bittersweet chocolate torte and toasted almond marshmallow dessert. Vegetarian entree option is: black pepper fontina arancini with wild mushrooms, confit spring onions and spring pea-green garlic puree (instead of the duck).
Saturday, March 23rd - SEMINARS
- Seminar Series with Jon BonnÚ 10am-12:45pm: San Francisco Chronicle Wine Editor Jon BonnÚ will lead two seminars, available exclusively as a part of the WEEKEND PASS ($275) and SATURDAY PASS ($150) tickets. The seminars take place at The Golden Gate Room at Fort Mason. Both the Weekend Pass and the Saturday Pass include the two seminars and VIP early entry with the trade into the Grand Tasting that follows. The topics are:
- "Old World Inspiration, New World Innovation": We are honored to welcome Patrick Will, Vice President of Brand Management and Development at VINTUS Wines and long-time inporter of the wines of E. Guigal. He will present four wines from GUIGAL: 2011 Condrieu, 2011 Tavel RosÚ, 2007 Chateauneuf du Pape, and 2009 Cote Rotie Chateau D'Ampuis. Four Rhone Rangers winemakers will join him on stage to present their wines, all of which were inspired by the wines of the Rhone region: 2011 RANCHERO CELLARS Viognier (presented by Amy Butler), 2011 MARGERUM Riviera RosÚ (presented by Doug Margerum), 2008 BONNY DOON "Le Cigare Volante Reserve" 25th Anniversary Release (presented by Randall Grahm) and 2008 SILVER WINES Syrah Trentotto File White Hawk Vineyard (presented by Benjamin Silver).
- "Mourvedre, A Rising Star in the World of American Rhones": Mourvedre has taken center stage in many California Rhone strongholds, long since having outgrown its traditional role as a blending grape that brings structure and ageability to wines based Grenache. To show that Mourvedre is ready for its renaissance, seven Rhone Rangers winemakers will present their candidates for Mourvedre in a leading role: 2012 TERCERO RosÚ (presented by Larry Schaffer), 2010 HOLLY'S HILL Petit Patriarche (presented by Josh Bendick), 2010 DAVID GIRARD Mourvedre (presented by Mari Wells), 2010 FOLIN CELLARS Mourvedre (presented by Rob Folin), 2009 KENNETH VOLK Mourvedre (presented by Ken Volk), 2010 VILLA CREEK "Damas Noir" (presented by Cris Cherry), and 2012 TABLAS CREEK "Vin de Paille Sacrerouge" Dessert Wine (presented by Jason Haas).
Saturday, March 23rd - GRAND TASTING
The weekend's festivities will conclude with America's biggest celebration of Rhone wines, where attendees will have the chance to taste more than 500 wines from over 100 Rhone Rangers winemakers. The grand tasting takes place at The Festival Pavilion at Fort Mason.
- Trade Tasting 1 PM-3 PM: Registration is open to sommeliers, wine writers, wholesaler/distributor/broker, and wine retailers. If this is you, please REGISTER HERE. If that is not your role, please purchase tickets to the second session from 3-6 PM. Grand Consumer Tasting and Silent Auction 3 PM - 6PM: Tickets to taste the world's largest collection of American Rhone wines are just $50 and can be PURCHASED HERE or as part of the combination tickets below.
- FULL WEEKEND PASS: BUY TICKETS. $275/person. Includes all events: the winemaker dinner (on Friday) plus both seminars and VIP admission to the Grand Tasting (on Saturday) at 1pm with the trade.
- SATURDAY PASS: BUY TICKETS. $150/person. Includes both Saturday seminars and VIP admission to the Grand Tasting at 1pm with the trade.
A La Carte Tickets:
- GRAND TASTING, GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET: Saturday, March 23, 2013, 3-6 PM*, Fort Mason, Festival Pavilion. BUY TICKETS. $50 in Advance. A limited number of tickets will be available at the door the day of the event, $55/each.
- WINEMAKER DINNER: Friday, March 22, 2013, 6-10 PM, Fort Mason, General's Residence. BUY TICKETS. $150/ticket. No at-the-door ticket sales.
*Last pour at Saturday's Grand Tasting is at 5:45 PM.
The view from the dining room at the General's Residence, overlooking San Francisco Bay
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ON TICKETS
2. NO ONE UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE WILL BE ADMITTED TO ANY RHONE RANGERS EVENTS. IF YOU HAVE RESPONSIBILITY FOR A BABY, CHILD OR MINOR, PLEASE MAKE ARRANGEMENTS IN ADVANCE FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO CARE FOR THEM, AS YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO OUR EVENTS IF A MINOR IS ACCOMPANYING YOU. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
3. ALL ATTENDEES WILL BE CARDED IN AN EFFORT TO PREVENT UNDER-AGE DRINKING. YOU MUST SHOW YOUR GOVERNMENT-ISSUED PHOTO ID IN ORDER TO BE ADMITTED.
4. NO PETS, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF SERVICE ANIMALS.
5. THE ONLY RESERVED SEATING AT THE WINEMAKER DINNER IS FOR SPONSORS. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN A SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE RHONE RANGERS OFFICE: 800 467-0163.
6. ONLINE TICKET SALES WILL END WHEN WE ARE SOLD OUT FOR ANY EVENT, OR ONE HOUR PRIOR TO THE START OF THAT EVENT, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
Member Winery Registration is now closed. If you're interested in joining the Rhone Rangers, or participating in the San Francisco events, please call the Rhone Rangers Office at 800 467-0163.
Trade & Media Registration is now CLOSED. If you are a sommelier, wine writer, wholesaler/distributor/broker, or wine retailer and have not pre-registered but would like to attend, please come to the Festival Pavilion at 1 PM on Saturday, March 23. Those who pre-registered will be admitted first. Please be patient, we will attempt to process on-site registrations as quickly as possible for qualified members of the trade & media. Thank you for your interest in attending the Trade Tasting; please note this is a 21+ only event and all attendees must present a bona fide business card as proof of their trade status and a government-issued photo ID.
Volunteer Registration is now closed.