The members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to the
2017 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience
Broken Earth Winery
Sunday, February 19, 2017
Seminar and Luncheon 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM (Silent Auction Preview 10-10:30 AM) SOLD OUT
Grand Tasting and Silent Auction 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE
The 45+ members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to join them for a day in Paso Robles Wine Country with some of America’s leading producers of Rhone varietals as we explore what makes Paso Robles so ideal for these great grapes and wines. This fun-filled and information-rich day will include:
- "Rhone Essentials" Seminar (SOLD OUT) - Taste a top example of each of the principal categories of Paso Robles Rhone wines as you hear from winemakers and principals who have chosen the Rhone Ranger route in Paso Robles, and who are forging the area's reputation as California's "Rhone Zone". The seminar panel will be moderated by Elaine Brown, American Specialist for JancisRobinson.com, contributing writer with Wine & Spirits Magazine and columnist at Wine Business Monthly. The wineries and speakers representing the major categories will be:
- Viognier: Ranchero Cellars 2015 Viognier (Amy Butler, Proprietor)
- Roussanne: Tablas Creek Vineyard 2014 Roussanne (Jason Haas, Partner)
- White Rhone Blend: J. Lohr 2015 Gesture 'RVG' (Kristen Barnhisel, Winemaker)
- Dry Rose: Shale Oak 2015 Grenache/Syrah Rose (Curtis Haskall, Winemaker)
- Grenache: Niner Wine Estates 2014 Grenache (Patrick Muran, Winemaker)
- Mourvedre: Vines on the Marycrest 2013 Mourvedre (Victor Abascal, Proprietor)
- Red Rhone Blend: Brecon Estate 2014 '42' (Damian Grindley, Proprietor, Winemaker)
- Syrah: Kukkula 2014 'Noir' (Kevin Jussila, Proprietor)
- Petite Sirah: Tooth & Nail 2014 'The Stand' (Jeremy Leffert, Winemaker)
- Vintners' Lunch (SOLD OUT) - Seminar participants will be joined by Rhone Rangers principals and winemakers for a gourmet banquet lunch [see the delicious menu] prepared by Chef Jeffery Scott. Throughout lunch, members' Rhone wines will be passing freely around the tables, while attendees enjoy an extended opportunity to interact with the producers.
- Grand Tasting & Silent Auction (TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE) - Taste nearly 150 wines from the complete membership of the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers, including top single Rhone varietals and the best in Rhone blends. During the Grand Tasting, bid on lots donated by Rhone Rangers member wineries and help support the Rhone Rangers scholarship fund!
The day's events will take place at Broken Earth Winery, on Highway 46 just east of Paso Robles. Participation in the seminar and lunch will be limited to the first 200 tickets sold. The grand tasting will be limited to 400 attendees.
Tickets for the seminar and lunch are $90, and seminar/lunch attendees receive free entry into the Grand Tasting. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are just $35, and free to qualified trade and media (advance registration is required).
We are grateful to the following Paso Robles hotels for setting aside room blocks. When booking any of them, mention "Rhone Rangers Block" to get the special rates (room blocks held through 1/17/17):
We are grateful to our 2017 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience sponsors: