The members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to the
2015 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience
Broken Earth Winery
Sunday, February 15th, 2015
Seminar and Luncheon 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM (Silent Auction Preview 10:00am-10:30am) SOLD OUT
Grand Tasting and Silent Auction 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM SOLD OUT
The 45+ members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to join them for a day in Paso Robles Wine Country with some of America’s leading producers of Rhone varietals as we explore what makes Paso Robles so ideal for these great grapes and wines. This fun-filled and information-rich day will include:
- "Rhone Essentials" Seminar - Taste a top example of each of the principal categories of Paso Robles Rhone wines as you hear from winemakers and principals who have chosen the Rhone Ranger route in Paso Robles, and who are forging the area's reputation as California's "Rhone Zone". The seminar panel will be moderated by Matt Kettmann, Contributing Editor for Wine Enthusiast Magazine. The wineries, wines and speakers representing the major categories on the panel will be:
- Viognier: Steinbeck Vineyards 2011 Viognier (Cindy Steinbeck, Proprietor)
- Grenache Blanc: Burbank Ranch 2013 "Summertime" (Steve Anglim, Winemaker)
- White Rhone Blend: J. Lohr 2013 "RVG" Roussanne/Grenache Blanc/Viognier (Steve Lohr, Proprietor)
- Dry Rose: Niner 2013 Grenache Rosé (Patrick Muran, Winemaker)
- Grenache: Le Cuvier Winery 2011 Grenache "St. Peter of Accantara Vineyard" (John Munch, Proprietor)
- Mourvedre: Brecon Estate 2013 Mourvedre (Damian Grindley, Owner/Winemaker)
- Red Rhone Blend: Derby Winery 2010 "Fifteen10" Syrah/Grenache/Counoise/Mourvedre (Tiffinee Vierra, Winemaker)
- Syrah: Caliza Winery 2012 Syrah (Carl Bowker, Owner/Winemaker)
- Petite Sirah: Hearst Ranch Winery 2011 "The Pergola" (Soren Christensen, Winemaker)
- Grand Tasting & Silent Auction - Taste nearly 150 wines from the complete membership of the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers, including top single Rhone varietals and the best in Rhone blends. During the Grand Tasting, bid on lots donated by Rhone Rangers member wineries and help support the Rhone Rangers scholarship fund!
The day's events will take place at Broken Earth Winery, on Highway 46 just east of Paso Robles. Participation in the seminar and lunch will be limited to the first 220 tickets sold. The seminar and lunch has sold out at least six weeks before the event each of the past four years. The grand tasting will be limited to 400 attendees.
Tickets for the seminar and lunch are $85, and seminar/lunch attendees receive free entry into the Grand Tasting. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are just $35, and free to qualified trade and media (advance registration is required).
- Both the Seminar/Lunch and the Grand Tasting are sold out. We're sorry, but there will not be tickets for sale at the door.
- To receive notice of future Paso Robles chapter events, please join the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers email list.
- For a full list of Paso Robles Rhone Rangers member wineries, click here.
We are grateful to the following Paso Robles hotels for setting aside room blocks. When booking any of them, mention "Rhone Rangers Block" to get the special rates (room blocks held through 1/14/15):
We are pleased to work with The Wine Wrangler to offer round-trip shuttle service to the event from a selection of Paso Robles hotels. Shuttle pickup will be around 10:00AM for guests attending the Seminar/Luncheon and 1:00PM for the Grand Tasting, with return shuttles picking up from the event at 1:30PM and 4:15PM. The cost is $25.00 round-trip and must be reserved in advance by contacting The Wine Wrangler at (805) 238-5700.
We are grateful to our Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience sponsors: